It's a new year, my fridge is stocked with healthy items and the "frugality" in me doesn't want to throw away various terrible food choices, but my wiser side knows that I can't keep that crap in my house. So, it's out with the trash tomorrow.
I'm sure it's due to the many New Years resolutions, TLC is running some shows called Half on Teen and one called Half Ton Mom. I just heard the stat, "Over 2 million people in America weigh over 550 pounds." A weight loss specialist who used to weigh 650 pounds and is now down to 145 said that the hardest part of her weight when she heavy was admitting that she did over eat, that she made bad decisions, that she snacked. She said it's easy to blame it on your genes or metabolism, etc. For me due to my PCOS, it really is some of that, and that in itself is a sort of salvation. But, regardless of what jump started my path down this road, I still learned plenty of bad eating habits and many more good ones. So, one meal, one snack, one glass of water at a time. It took me 28 years to get here, so here's to 3-4 years to get back to who I never had the chance to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment